Local Sales Director
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the Northern Michigan’s News Leader! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, ION, Lake Effect Digital, Mane Content and MyNorth Media.
The Position: This position will super-serve Local clients and agencies to continue to position for maximum revenue opportunities.
- 401k with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Relocation Allowance
- Competitive Base & Commission Program
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Effectively plan and self-manage time; juggling between strategy, pipeline building, presentations, close, onboarding, and other client services, execution, operational, and project work stream activities necessary to meet organizational objectives. Able to handle advancing priorities against the ones they planned originally.
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with all sales reps to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales rep’s sales and activity performance; Coach direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure.
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining the path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit to ideate new markets, strategies, partnerships, and product initiatives to drive the company’s overall revenue growth goals.
- Effectively develop and execute local digital sales strategy and revenue plan within plan requirements and in alignment with the overall digital strategy and that of our local media property; develop effective relationships with local leadership.
- Guide the integrated and dedicated sales team and provide consistent sales training (digital/broadcast) on specific areas of development for all representatives; develop team members consistent with the sales training, product knowledge, value proposition, competitive market intelligence, sales approach and goals of the organization.
- Develop a formalized sales planning process that helps them accurately forecast, set, and achieve their projected goals. Demonstrate the ability to stay organized and focused on the highest priorities of the organization within quickly changing, and fast-paced environments.
- Utilize industry data and trends to develop business opportunities and identify product development needs of the customers to grow market share and reach new customers and industry leaders
- Lead with integrity, establishing and maintaining a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Refines and/or creates new systems, processes, and infrastructure to support the sales strategy and enable the sales team to deliver results.
- Ensure client results, satisfaction and retention and attend sales meetings with key clients to accelerate the sales cycle, grow the account and demonstrate commitment to client success.
- Collaborate with Lake Effect (in-house digital agency) on pricing initiatives, strategies, plans, promotions, etc.
- Maintains relationships with not only the sales department but all departments in the organization to maximize revenue growth and the delivery of a superior product to the organizations clients.
- Identify community engagement and/or other promotional opportunities to advance the company’s growth goals at the regional and local level.
- Education and/or Experience – Degree in related field and 3+ years’ experience.
- Demonstrated track record of driving revenue and achieving goals
- Entrepreneurial – excited about taking a strong business with a strong suite of products, and growing the business
- Working knowledge and understanding of digital advertising strategies – including targeted display, SEM, targeted email, social media and OTT/CTV.
- Ability to share vision, gain buy-in, and build loyalty
- Exceptional coaching skills.
- Proficiency with technology; experience with Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, social media and video platforms, attribution and reporting tools, Wide Orbit, Matrix, a plus
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be based out of our Traverse City office. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest, resume, and professional references.
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.